A basic class for Adults and Teens
Sunday, April 24, 2-4pm
This is a "pay what you will" class. All proceeds after expenses will be donated to the International Committee of the Red Cross for humanitarian relief in Ukraine. Suggested donation: $25.
This class is appropriate for adults and teens ages 13 and up. Mature content will be discussed.
This basic introduction to self-defense will cover the "Five Fingers of Self-Defense":
- Think - understanding the threat of violent attack; keeping calm in a crisis
- Yell - using verbal and non-verbal communication skills to de-escalate a situation, or deter an attack
- Run - choosing to run away is a smart and honorable thing to do
- Fight - when all else fails, using simple physical skills to create an opening for escape
- Tell - the importance of honestly reporting and discussing our experiences with violence
This class will be presented by Jun-Shihan Tom Swiss, Catonsville Seido Karate branch chief. Jun-Shihan Tom is a sixth degree black belt with over thirty-five years karate training, who has taught self-defense classes to audiences ranging from teenage mothers at Baltimore's Florence Crittenton House to revelers at the Association for Consciousness Exploration's Starwood Festival.
Sunday, April 24
Revolve Wellness Studios
5621 Old Frederick Road
Catonsville, Maryland 21228
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/3107198929519224